Why Jennifer Lawrence Is A Pretty Shitty Person (And Why I Don’t Like Her)
Here’s some reasons why Jennifer Lawrence and her remarks are just as bad as Seth MacFarlane’s offensive jokes. (TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! IT’S WELL-SOURCED!!)
1. She’s a bad example of someone talking about body image and body positivity.
“…If I’m going to be naked in paint in front of the entire world, I’m going to look like a woman. I’m going to have curves and have boobs and have a butt. Because girls are going to look at that, and if I look like a scarecrow, they are going to think, Oh, that’s normal. It’s not normal…” - Jennifer Lawrence on body image.
2. She’s a misogynistic female.
“…She kind of grows into it. And she’s strong, like a male hero with a vagina.” - Jennifer Lawrence on the character of Katniss.
3. She used a derogatory slur against lesbians when talking about being on a basketball team with all boys.
Lawrence was a total tomboy: field hockey, softball, basketball on an all-boys team. “I was so dykey,” says Lawrence. - Jennifer Lawrence just being insensitive in a Rolling Stones interview.
4. She’s transphobic, describing her cat as being like Chaz Bono, the transgender son of Sonny Bono and Cher. Also, she really doesn’t comprehend science, nature, and behaviors of dogs and cats.
“I’d never met a cat where you assume first it’s a boy. Because dogs are boys and cats are girls. But she has such a masculine energy that everybody always says ‘he’ and for the first week I thought it was a boy. I named her Oliver. She had a collar with Oliver. Just boy, boy, boy. And that just got weird for a cat. So we call her Chaz Bono.” - Jennifer Lawrence being even ruder than before while have a very skewed perspective on animals.
5. She made ableist remarks about obsessive compulsive disorder when she told actor Jesse Eisenberg that his OCD was “awesome” and that she wished she had his quirks. Jennifer, you don’t wish to have OCD. Every day, I wish I didn’t have it. Your comments are an indignant slap in the face to sufferers of OCD and I vehemently dislike you for these remarks and others.
“By the way, you are the most interesting person. I was in the dressing room going ‘I want weird quirks!’ …That’s so cool! He can’t step on the floor!” Jennifer Lawrence speaking directly to Jesse Eisenberg about his OCD on the Jay Leno show.
“I suggest that in the original comics Mystique was written as a lesbian, to which Lawrence counters, “No! That’s the first time I’ve heard that. She has kids, she has night crawlers, and she sleeps with Magneto!” And then she jokes, “Unless I’m completely wrong,
7. She thinks acting is stupid, practically dissing every single actor and actress in Hollywood.
This is not, Windolf reports, a girl who is afraid to put it all out there, or bite the hand that feeds her. “Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid,” Lawrence says. “Everybody’s like, ‘How can you remain with a level head?’ And I’m like, ‘Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies. It’s stupid.’”
8. Body shaming and fat-shaming
‘In Hollywood, I’m obese. I’m considered a fat actress,’ Jennifer told the December issue of the publication.
‘I’m Val Kilmer in that one picture on the beach,’ she added, referring how the once-buff Kilmer has piled on the pounds over the years.
She goes on to discuss her eating habits: ‘I eat like a caveman. I’ll be the only actress who doesn’t have anorexia rumors.’
9. Whitewashing the uproar over her being cast as Katniss in The Hunger Games
“The cool thing about Katniss is that every fan has such a personal relationship with her, and they understand and know her in a singular way,” she told Teen Vogue. “I’m a massive fan too, so I get it.”
10. She made an offensive fat joke directed towards Zach Galifinakis
BTW, here are the sources for all of the above material…
This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read. More than half of these things are quotes placed out of context and taken the complete wrong way. Also, I’m pretty sure those GIF’s are from a show created by Zach, and the lines are heavily scripted. Shut your judgmental mouth and stop hating on people who are better than you. Not because she’s an actress, she’s just a better person.